Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Umm Hello - She was in Bed again!

Left work to go to mom's today -- I was not going today as Atsirk was going...I decided to go because I knew mom was getting a Ecko today at home and didn't want Atsirk to have to deal with mom alone. Atsirk is my niece and without her to talk to and join this journey -- I'd go absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y!


Mom was in bed today, when her meal arrived (via Meal-on-Wheels) Atsirk went into her room and let her know it had arrived...she continued sleeping. Her shower lady pulled in the driveway and once she knew she was here, she got right up!

As mom was entering the bathroom, she asked me if I knew were her "joint medicine" was. I'd been waiting for that question. I manage mom's medicine and was not aware of any joint medicine but recall seeing some bottles in her room. Come to find out she ordered the medicine off the TV! I read the warnings - Do not take if you have asthma, do not take if you are on prescription medicine...well mom is on about 28 prescription medicines and has asthma. I told her that and she said she got this from the doctor. Lie! She lied to my face! I manage her bills and saw a transaction on her Visa bill for this same joint medicine!

I want to beat my head on the wall......taking care of her is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I think God must think highly of me for him to give me such a hefty burden. I keep telling myself this because right about now it feels like I'm being punished.....

No comments: