Friday, February 5, 2010

"When do I Test my Blood Sugar?"

I'm at work and the phone rings, I see mom's number...I take a deep breath and answer.  "Umm yeah, when do I test my blood sugar?" she asks. 

Trying to control myself (she has asked me this everyday for the past three weeks!!!)....I take a deep breath and say two hours after you ate mom.  "Well I got done about 12:40", she says.  Well Mom, then you would test at 2:40 that is two hours after 12:40.

[praying for strength to control myself and to treat her kindly when she asks me the same question over and over]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...that's tough.

Marissa said...

Julie, You are the very first commenter! Thanks. I need to concentrate on what I'm doing and not concentrate on what my 6 siblings are not doing to help mom. It makes my life a little easier.